Coconut Milk Panna Cotta with Ginger-Lime-Strawberries (vegan)
For the Panna Cotta
1 (400 ml) can coconut milk (not sweetened)
50 g palm sugar or 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon dried shredded coconut
1 vanilla bean
1 teaspoon agar-agar
For the Ginger-Lime-Strawberries
1 fresh lime, juice of
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 tablespoon brown sugar
300 g strawberries
1. Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise in 2 halfs.
2. In a medium sauce pan, bring to boil the coconut milk, add vanilla bean and the palm sugar.
3. Add the shredded coconut and on low heat stir or mix for 2 minutes. Add the Agar-Agar and bring to boil again, stirring for another minute.
4. Take out the vanilla bean. Rinse small porcelain bowls (or chinese tea cups) with cold water and fill in the coconut panna cotta. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
5. For the Ginger-Lime-Strawberries, wash and slice the strawberries into small pieces.
In a bowl, mix the lime juice, the ginger and the brown sugar. Add the strawberries and toss to coat.
6. To serve, invert the panna cotta onto small plates and garnish with the ginger-lime strawberries.